Thursday, February 18, 2010

RIAA withdraws sanctions motion against Prof. Nesson

In SONY BMG Music Entertainment v. Tenenbaum, the RIAA has withdrawn its sanctions motion against Professor Nesson.

Notice of withdrawal of motion

Keywords: lawyer digital copyright law online internet law legal download upload peer to peer p2p file sharing filesharing music movies indie independent label freeculture creative commons pop/rock artists riaa independent mp3 cd favorite songs intellectual property portable music player

3 comments:

Alter_Fritz said...

"Defendant’s counsel recently confirmed that he has destroyed all copies of these
recordings, including any copies that may have been held by his student lawyers, client, and
other colleagues, and that he has removed links to these copies from the Internet."

What is Eve talking about?

raybeckerman said...

:)

You were expecting..... truthfulness?

From them?

Alter_Fritz, I've come to like you so much, after all these years... I have a bridge in Brooklyn which I'd like to sell you. It's hardly been used, and I can sell it to you at a discount price.

Alter_Fritz said...

Naah, I think I pass on the bridge.

Maybe I go for a recording studio instead. ;-)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8519197.stm